Are you a networking fan? A surprising number of people say they’re not!
They find it awkward and don’t know how to build the conversation, balance what we want to talk about, close the conversation and then appropriately follow up.
Even if it’s for internal events, I know that some of you find this challenging and find yourself putting on your ‘networking’ persona, rather than connecting authentically and having conversations that genuinely build relationships.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why network – what’s the real purpose
- Cultural values which can impact our networking success
- Getting into the conversation
- Balancing the chat and what you want
- Non-verbal communication in networking
- Conversation exit strategies
- Closing the conversation and follow up appropriately