Standing up and sharing our voice is a key part of being heard, whether you run your own business or work in a company, and yet this is a major fear many people experience. I sometimes describe this fear as communication stress, which causes anxiety and can stop us from putting ourselves forward and showing our full potential.
Most of us want to move through this and find a way to get more comfortable with being uncomfortable so we can speak up. Here I share my learnings of what can help us.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Discover why confidence for public speaking is like a bowl of spaghetti, not an on/off switch.
- Before you start: How to plan to keep it simple with your plan
- The importance of your energy
- Your non-verbal communication
- Communication agility, not perfectionism
- What to do when you get stuck when talking