Feedback is a gift, according to the old adage, and yet sometimes that gift is unwanted, rejected or causes problems we did not anticipate.
We have to understand when we give feedback, this is our observation of the situation in the moment from our point of view.
We may not be aware how our culture influences our perceptions of the context, the drivers, motivations and intentions, and that might mean that we do not see how others interpret the events either.
Equally, culture will impact how the other person reacts to the feedback, and this can help us anticipate the conversations that come up.
In today’s episode, we explore how to give and receive feedback.
What you will learn in this episode:
- The purpose of feedback
- The role of culture when giving feedback
- Setting up the conversation
- Adapting your feedback approach with cultural intelligence
- How culture impacts how people react to feedback
- Best ways to approach receiving feedback
- Making sure feedback really lands with you