World Cultural Diversity Day promotes dialogue and development and is on 21st May in 2023.
I am grateful in my business that I get to work with a huge diversity of nationalities and cultures, from a range of almost 40 countries to date and my goal is to work with people from at least 100 countries!
I am incredibly curious, which is why I love what I do. I help my clients to develop their communication and cultural skills, and yet I often learn as much about different cultures through our coaching and training together, which opens my world further.
That’s why I want to talk about cultural diversity in today’s episode and share with you the key points from my masterclass I created for the STEMAZING Women Membership group, which encourages and supports women in STEAM careers to fulfil their potential.
We all know, communication is key in building connected teams in every industry, so how do we communicate effectively in diverse teams with people from different backgrounds and cultures?
Here I share the strategies to bring the best out of everyone at work through the simple things we say and do.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Culturally diverse teams can experience communication challenges
- Cultural values can give us an inclusive language to discuss differences
- Why developing CQ Cultural Intelligence can help
- How we can become more inclusive with our communication approach
- Strategies to be more inclusive and become a cultural ally